Sunday 24 August 2014

Vintage Mixed media canvas

 
Hi everyone and welcome back to my "Happy Place"
 
As most of you know I have moved and now pretty settled.
While I was on the move the Design Team had fun using stencils from Imagine if so I wanted to show my first attempt at anything like this!
 
 
I painted the canvas white so I had a nice surface to work with, the edge I've inked with Tim Holtz Vintage photo.
The bird cage frame and words I used Tim Holtz stain...(just love this stuff)
 

I started stressing and ripping the paper in selected places for the aged look.
 
 
I started using the brick stencil with just white texture paste then coloured it with a pink paint for the circles and butterfly stencils.....I think it looks ok for a first time attempt!
 
 
The paper collection is My Minds Eye Lost & Found Madison Avenue!
the first layer I glued down after stressing the edges and inking with the Vintage Photo was a music sheet then under the torn area I added a small piece of a script for interest.
 

The top layer is from the same collection that I cut about a cm all around so its smaller than the underneath one then stressed and inked as well.
after placing the "Vintage Girl" and frame I rolled the paper at the top for more interest!
Finally some stamping and added colour to the bricks
 




The bird cage I used a small piece of chain to attach it to the V and have left it hanging for movement
The little birds I cut from a larger bird cage and coloured with inks.
 
 
Finally I have used a selection of flowers and leaves from Imagine if
 inked with Vintage Photo for an aged look.
I tucked a fussy cut clock under the frame, then spritzed the canvas with Perfect pearls Vintage gold.
 
The lovely vintage lady was a leftover from another project for Jo.
 





2 comments:

  1. I just love the entire effect this canvas has Everything about it is just "Gorgussness" ♥

    ReplyDelete