Sunday 25 March 2018

A quick project for Mother's Day using Graphic 45 Mon Amour

Hi everyone and welcome back to my happy place

I have been busy working on gifts for Mother's Day but you could use them for any special occasion 
This one is an easy but pretty way to gift a bar of chocolate....



The first thing to do is make a template for your bar as they will be different sizes 



This shows how I found the size I needed by wrapping and scoring my fold lines to create an envelope shape...I hope that explaines the shape needed


Cut the papers you need to cover front, front flap and inside flap as shown 



Next let's create the gusset for each side to complete the pocket to hold our chocolate

Cut two pieces of matching card stock at 3 3/4" x 1 1/2" and score at 1/2" on both sides as shown below 


Fold the scores and add score tape or wet glue to the two hinge pieces and fit into the bottom of structure as shown here


Ok I hope that explains the building of this chocolate bar holder!
To hold it closed I created a belly band in matching collection 


To finish off the details I've added some clear Nuvo drops to the roses and stickles to the butterfly
Then some lovely pearl trim to pop the band....



Thank you for stopping by......

No comments:

Post a Comment