Sunday 18 March 2018

Vintage inspired Altered paper bag with a tutorial

Hi everyone
and welcome back to my happy place

Today I have been busy creating a special mini album that I can't show yet 
so I thought some previous projects to share with you would be a great idea!

As anyone who knows me knows I just love vintage inspired projects......

A quick tutorial for you......once you have chosen what type of paper bag you would like to alter
Start my laying down some cheese cloth ( I have tea stained mine ) 
Then place your picture where you would like it to be....I added mine central and up a little so I could add more trims at the bottom....
Next add trims and lace to surround and frame the picture....
Working your way outwards......I had the edge of a doily I dyed vintage brown so I added that on top of the cheese cloth ....
Next add your trims on the corners to finish off....the flowers I used were cut from a vintage doily 
Finally I added a dangle charm to the handle!

TIP! If you want to age your laces and trims ......make a strong mug of tea, let it cool then add your items.....the longer you leave the stronger the colour ....squeeze out excess liquid then heat dry items
Remember you can't use on items to be washed 

Thank you for stopping by ....... Happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment