Tuesday 10 March 2015

"Locks and Keys" Tag

Hi everyone and welcome back to my "Happy Place"
and another Design Team Project for Imagine if!
 
This week theme is "keys and Locks" I have decided to have a "Play" with some Mixed Media!
 
 
 
The first thing I did to give myself something to work with
 I made an oversized tag measuring 7" x 4" from some sturdy chipboard and gave the back and front a good coverage of gesso.
 
 

 
Then I using the brick template and some texture paste I added some background interest.
Next was getting to work with some Lindys products spritzing over the front and back of the tag!
 
 


The back shows more of the lovely colours and is still pale enough to write a message on for the recipient!
 
 
 
 
I covered the keys, locks and corner flourish with gesso and using paints and inka gold.
I had seen this verse awhile ago and thought it was perfect for this project and its what inspired this project!
Printed out in brown to match in with the colour tones I inked the edges with my new Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers di stress ink! .....love this stuff!
 
 
 
Gathering all the elements together and gluing them down I added a little blue butterfly and some gold eyelash trim.
 
 
 
 
Using my sharpies I coloured in the corner flourish to make it pop,
 cut the link on the lock to hook it around the vine......finished!
 
 
The products from Imagine if I have used are.....
 
 
 



 






 
 

 

3 comments: