Saturday 7 March 2015

Winged Vintage Hearts

Hi everyone and welcome back to my "Happy Place" 
and another fun project for Imagine if!
 
 
This weeks Themed Design Team project for me is "Wing's"
I have chosen to use these beautiful wings on hearts to hang in my crafting room(when I get one sorted) lol 
 
 
 
 
I set about giving each wing a coat of gesso then painted with a white paint and the large hearts I cut out from food boxes. (I like to recycle where I can!)
Di stressed the edges and inked with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet distress ink, then done some stamping with a script stamp and some texture paste.
The small hearts from Imagine if I covered with a lovely paper that has a little sparkle and di stressed the edges and inked with the Vintage photo!
 
 
 
I have also cut out another set of hearts for the back side so its all nicely finished...these I have used gesso on the edges and Vintage Photo ink and covered the backside with a lovely vintage lace.
 
 
 
 
Now back to those stunning "Wing's"
The first set I have used some texture paste to get some interest!
 
 
 
 
The next two sets of wings I have used baking soda mixed with white glue! Yes! it looks amazing!
 
 
 
 
 
As you can see I have glued down the hearts adding trims, doilies, appliqué, flowers and sentiments to fit with how this inspires me!
Out came the stickles to give sparkle on the wings and flowers.
Finally I added some trims and twisted them to hold all the hearts for hanging..glued on the back hearts to neaten it all up! Finished and ready to add to the new crafty space...... im sure this will inspire me to create and craft!  
I am sure it will inspire you too!
Thank you for stopping by!
 
 
 
Items used from Imagine if can be found here!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment